Deddf Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru (Ieithoedd Swyddogol) 2012
|←||Deddf Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru (Ieithoedd Swyddogol) 2012
gan Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru
Deddf Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru (Ieithoedd Swyddogol) 2012
2012 dccc 1
Deddf gan Gynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru i wneud darpariaeth ynglŷn â’r defnydd o’r Gymraeg a’r Saesneg yn nhrafodion Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru ac wrth i Gomisiwn y Cynulliad gyflawni ei swyddogaethau. [12 Tachwedd 2012]
Gan ei fod wedi ei basio gan Gynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru ac wedi derbyn cydsyniad Ei Mawrhydi, deddfir fel a ganlyn:
1 Diwygio adran 35 o’r Ddeddf (Trin yn gyfartal)
- (1) Diwygier adran 35 o Ddeddf Llywodraeth Cymru 2006 (p.32) (“y Ddeddf”) fel a ganlyn.
- (2) Yn lle is-adran (1), rhodder—
- “(1) The official languages of the Assembly are English and Welsh.
- (1A) The official languages must, in the conduct of Assembly proceedings, be treated on a basis of equality.
- (1B) All persons have the right to use either official language when participating in Assembly proceedings.
- (1C) Reports of Assembly proceedings must, in the case of proceedings which fall within section 1(5)(a) (proceedings of the Assembly), contain a record of what was said, in the official language in which it was said, and also a full translation into the other official language.
- (1D) Paragraph 8 of Schedule 2 makes provision about how the Assembly Commission must enable effect to be given to subsections (1) to (1C).”
2 Diwygio Atodlen 2 i’r Ddeddf (Comisiwn y Cynulliad)
- (1) Diwygier paragraff 8 o Atodlen 2 i’r Ddeddf (Egwyddorion y mae swyddogaethau i’w
harfer yn unol â hwy) fel a ganlyn.
- (2) Yn lle is-baragraff (3), rhodder—
- “(3) The Assembly Commission must, in the exercise of its functions—
- (a) treat the official languages of the Assembly on a basis of equality,
- (b) make arrangements for enabling effect to be given to section 35(1), (1A), (1B) and (1C).
- (4) The Assembly Commission must—
- (a) adopt, and
- (b) publish,
- a scheme, to be known as the Assembly Commission’s Official Languages Scheme (“the Scheme”), specifying the measures which it proposes to take in order to comply with its duties under sub-paragraph (3).
- (5) The Scheme must include (amongst other things) provision about —
- (a) simultaneous interpretation from one official language into the other—
- (i) in all Assembly proceedings,
- (ii) in public meetings conducted on behalf of the Assembly Commission, and
- (iii) in such other meetings connected with the functions of the Assembly or the Assembly Commission as may be provided for in the Scheme,
- (b) publication of documents in both official languages, subject to any exceptions identified in the Scheme,
- (c) public engagement with—
- (i) Assembly proceedings, and
- (ii) other functions of the Assembly and of the Assembly Commission, through the medium of either of the official languages,
- (d) practical measures to foster and continually improve freedom of choice of official language—
- (i) on the part of those participating in Assembly proceedings, and
- (ii) in relation to the functions of the Assembly or the Assembly Commission generally,
- (e) the setting of targets and timescales relating to implementation of the Scheme,
- (f) the allocation of responsibilities for implementing the Scheme,
- (g) objective means of measuring progress in implementing the Scheme, and
- (h) a strategy for ensuring that the staff of the Assembly have, collectively, the language skills necessary to enable the Scheme to be implemented.
- (6) The Scheme must include provision relating to the receipt, investigation and consideration of complaints of failures to give effect to provisions of the Scheme.
- (7) The Scheme must identify those services provided or to be provided in the official languages and explain how those services are to be provided in accordance with paragraph 8(5).
- (8) The Assembly Commission must, in respect of each financial year, lay before the Assembly a report setting out how the Commission has, during the year in question, given effect to the Scheme.
- (9) The report prepared by the Assembly Commission under sub-paragraph (8) must include—
- (a) whether and to what degree the services referred to in sub- paragraph (7) have been provided, and
- (b) if applicable, the reasons why the Commission has not provided any of the services referred to in sub-paragraph (7) in both official languages.
- (10) The Assembly Commission—
- (a) must review the Scheme as soon as is reasonably practicable after each ordinary general election, or after an extraordinary general election to which section 5(5) applies, and
- (b) may, at any time, adopt a new Scheme or an amendment to the existing Scheme.
- (11) The Assembly Commission may not adopt a Scheme, or an amendment to a Scheme, unless (whether before or after the coming into force of this paragraph)—
- (a) a draft of the Scheme (or of the amendment) has been—
- (i) published, and
- (ii) laid before the Assembly,
- (b) the Assembly Commission has given—
- (i) those persons whom the Assembly Commission considers it appropriate to consult in relation to the Scheme, and
- (ii) the Assembly,
- reasonable opportunity to make representations in relation to the draft,
- (c) the Assembly Commission has considered any representations made about the draft Scheme (or draft amendment) by—
- (i) the persons consulted under sub-paragraph (b)(i), and
- (ii) the Assembly, and
- (d) the Scheme (or the amendment) incorporating such modifications as the Assembly Commission may, having considered such representations, make, has been laid before and approved by resolution of, the Assembly.
- (12) The Assembly Commission must give effect to the Scheme.”
3 Enw byr a chychwyn
- O ran y Ddeddf hon—
- (a) gellir cyfeirio ati fel Deddf Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru (Ieithoedd Swyddogol) 2012, a
- (b) daw i rym y diwrnod ar ôl iddi gael Cydsyniad Brenhinol.
Nodiadau gan Wicidestun (dim yn ran o'r cyhoeddiad gwreiddiol na'r ddeddf)[golygu]
- Er mae "fersiwn Cymraeg" o'r ddeddf yw'r ddogfen hon sy'n cael ei gyhoeddi o dan reolau Cymreig parthed statws cyfartal i'r ddwy iaith, mae bron y cyfan o'r diwygiadau yn y ddogfen yn ddiwygiadau uniaith Saesneg gan eu bod yn ddiwygiadau i ddeddfau Llywodraeth San Steffan a gyhoeddwyd trwy'r Saesneg yn unig.